Background & Research
Creating TrainerMD: 6 years, over 5,000 interviews
Six years of research, more than 5,000 hours of one-on-one interviews, and thousands of programming hours went into the design and development of the TrainerMD® Physician Directed Fitness system and online platform.
The TrainerMD® Team
During the R&D phase, we assembled a core team of innovative and experienced fitness professionals, educators, entrepreneurs, marketers, and software and technology engineers and developers. Our goal has been to create a complete, “best practices” fitness and nutrition training program that integrates online technology with onsite sales, training, education, and support.
TrainerMD® is designed to help fitness facilities achieve higher levels of engagement, enhanced motivation, and improved health outcomes for their clients. In order to really understand what works, and doesn’t work, for today’s fitness center client, our team interviewed thousands of people in six fitness centers across New England.
Here is a sampling of what we learned during our interviews with fitness center members:
- Most have little or no strength training knowledge
- Most are confused about nutrition
- Most want to learn how to work out safely
- Most don’t want to spend more than 30 minutes strength training
- Most are very serious about achieving their goals
- Most want trainers to listen carefully to their needs
- Most want to better understand their workouts
- Most want training sessions to be more convenient
- All wished that training, nutrition and support were included in their fitness memberships